The WordPress CaptionKiller plugin disables the bad and poorly implemented image captioning feature introduced in WordPress 2.6. Read this for a brief explanation why this feature is bad and poorly implemented.
This plugin only works with WordPress 2.6.1 and newer. It will not work with any version prior to 2.6.1. Please be aware that the plugin doesn’t change existing posts in your database, but will only disable the captioning feature for composing new posts.
Download & Installation
- Download the WordPress CaptionKiller plugin: wp-captionkiller.txt
- Rename it to “wp-captionkiller.php”
- Upload the renamed file to your wordpress plugins directory
- Activate the plugin “WordPress CaptionKiller” in your plugins admin panel
- That’s it! The image captioning feature is now deactivated
If you have any problems or suggestions, feel free to contact me via email at christoph [at] engadgeted [dot] net.